Did you know you can take a walk in September that can help feed people in our community, people all over the world, and yourself? When you sign up to walk or donate to the CROP Walk this month, you can do all of this!
Here’s how: 25% of the money you raise (by asking a few friends and family members to support you) will go straight to local resources helping neighbors with food insecurity. The remaining 75% will go to hunger relief worldwide, where it is most needed. Meanwhile — doesn’t helping others and making a difference in our world feed your own soul as well? The best part is, you can walk once or every day; alone or with others!
You can walk when it works best for you, knowing when you walk, you are taking steps toward sending a tangible expression of care into the lives of many people! Here are your first steps:
- To register online, click here;
- Ask family and friends to support you (donate online, or checks made out to “CWS/CROP” with “NW CT” on the memo line and sent to the church);
- Walk! Take pictures and videos, and upload them here;
- Get creative ideas for walking from this calendar:
However you can, walk a few steps or many to join with neighbors across the country and world who are committed to ending hunger, one step at a time!